TRT: Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is a medical treatment used to supplement or replace the natural production of testosterone in individuals who have low levels of this hormone. Testosterone is a crucial hormone in both men and women but typically associated with male development and characteristics. Low Testosterone levels can occur due to natural aging, certain medical conditions, and hormonal imbalances.
Why is it Prescribed?
As we age, the biological mechanisms responsible for the production of testosterone become less effective. Beginning around age 30, testosterone levels generally drop by 1% each year. TRT is prescribed for individuals who exhibit symptoms of low testosterone such as:
- Reduced Sex Drive
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Deceased Muscle Mass
- Difficulty Concentrating
The therapy aims to restore testosterone levels to a normal range and alleviate the associated symptoms. Some of the benefits of TRT include:
- Cardiovascular and Endothelial Health: Testosterone can aid in red blood cell production necessary for physical exertion and performance as well as aid in maintaining a strong healthy heart.
- Improved Lean Muscle Mass: Optimized testosterone levels can decrease fat while increasing muscle size, strength, and endurance. Those who combine testosterone therapy with a regular, healthy exercise regimen generally notice the best improvements.
- Increased Bone Density and Strength: Bone density tends to decline with drops in testosterone, leading to an increased risk of injury. Testosterone plays a key role in bone mineral density, as well as in supporting improved musculature for increased support and mobility.
- Restored Sexual Drive: Men's sex drive and libido are closely tied to testosterone and testosterone production. Higher levels generally equate to increased desire and low testosterone can also impact the ability to get and maintain an erection, as well as the quality of erections.
- Enhanced Mood and Sense of Well-Being: Reduced levels of testosterone have been linked to fatigue, irritability, and depression. Fixing low testosterone levels may help with both anxiety and depression.
Peptides are the building blocks of proteins. Peptide Therapy can help with anti-aging, weight loss, muscle repair, sexual wellness & more.
Sermorelin is a bioidentical hormone peptide that mimics the effects of Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH). GHRH’s function is to stimulate the release of Human Growth Hormone (hGH), which is essential for proper growth and development. Sermorelin contains the first 29 amino acids of GHRH, which is what makes the medication bioidentical.
Prolonged low levels of human growth hormones can have negative effects, which may include symptoms such as:
- Anxiety or Feelings of Depression
- Low Energy
- Increased Body Fat
- Decreased Muscle Mass
- Decreased Bone Density
- Decreased Sexual Function
Sermorelin Therapy Benefits:
- Strengthen Cardiovascular System
- Increased Muscle Mass
- Increased Bone Density
- Fat Reduction
- Increased Sex Drive
- Improve Recovery and Repair from injuries
- Strengthen Immune System
- Enhance Energy Levels
- Improve Cognition and Memory
When does Sermorelin start working?
Patients report improved sleep within the first few weeks of therapy, along with increased energy levels and improved mood. After 3-6 months of therapy, patients report significant body changes, such as increased muscle tone and a leaner body mass. Over time, many patients also notice a significant improvement in skin tone and health.